The Ontario Province, in partnership with York University, Canada invites application for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) which is awarded to international students who has interested in pursuing a degree program at York University.
The OGS program is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and Ontario universities. The Province of Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third.
- Applications for the master’s level of study: December 1, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – CIHR eligible field of research: September 29, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – NSERC eligible field of research: October 13, 2017
- Applications for the doctoral level of study – SSHRC eligible field of research: October 17, 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): York University, Canada
Type: Masters, PhD
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Scholarships: $15,000 per year for a one year maximum
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be International students
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person [under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protections Act (Canada)] at the time of the OGS application deadline date
- be a foreign student who is studying in Ontario under a temporary resident visa–student study permit, under the immigration and refugee protection act
- Be enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution in Ontario (one offering graduate programs)
- Be taking an eligible program on a full time basis. An eligible program is defined as a full–time program of study of two or three terms at an eligible institution leading to a graduate degree. Eligible programs must be approved as eligible for funding by MTCU
- Have a minimum GPA of (A-)
How To Apply: Interested applicants should Please submit a complete application package to your proposed program of study. A complete package includes the following:
- Application Form (Part A and Part B) (.pdf)
- Two OGS Reference Assessment forms – to be completed by referees. Please use the applicable form below:
- Transcripts from all post-secondary studies
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Providers: York University, Province of Ontario.