The TRIAS CULTURE, with the support of the Embassy of Spain in Senegal, launches the digital art competition “Africa Artbox”. The theme of the competition is open, however, participants are encouraged to reflect on the current technological changes and its impact in our societies.
This call for projects, intended for all African or non-African digital artist living in Africa, aims to stimulate the creativity, research and experimentation of new aesthetic languages in Africa, a continent which is hosting a big part of much of the world’s youth, and challenges all the obstacles to integrate the new immaterial and mobile cultures of today’s digital technologies.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number Of Awards: 1
Value Of Award: The winning artist will receive a creative residency at the international center “Plataforma Bogotá”, an interactive laboratory of art, science and technology based in Bogotá-Colombia, offering him the opportunity to carry out his creative project in a collaborative space and surrounded by an experienced and multidisciplinary team.
- All African and non-African artists over the age of 18 years old and living in Africa are invited to participate. For non-African participants, it’s mandatory to have spent more than three years in their residence country in Africa.
- The call is open to projects with artistic motivation engaging innovative, experimental work, paying particular attention to their environment, and facilitating the transfer of knowledge and the creation of learning communities.
- The Creative projects may concern any artistic discipline, such as performing arts, music, visual arts (painting, sculpture, photography, etc…), video art, printed works, installations, Net-Art, etc. integrating a digital process into its creation, including photo manipulation, 3D rendering, virtual and augmented reality, drawings created on phones, tablets or computers, using software and/or digital devices (as well as sensors, among others). The use of open source software is encouraged.
- Only one project can be submitted per participant.
- Any advertising, educational or other material for non-artistic purposes is prohibited.
- The proposal must be original, unpublished and must integrate digital media during its production process.
- The organizers do not assume any responsibility for the expenses incurred in entering the contest.
How To Apply: Each Proposal must be accompanied by:
- Motivation letter (PDF)
2. An Artistic Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
3. Brief descriptions of the 2 most representative works carried out during the last 2 years, joining for each of them the corresponding technical sheet (including technology used, artistic concept, resulting exhibitions). (PDF max. 3 MB)
Contest entries and submission of proposals will only be made via the online form available on the website Africa Artbox Digital.
Visit The Contest Webpage For More Information
Award Providers: TRIAS CULTURE