The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) invites applications from Individuals who wants to obtain a Masters or Doctoral degree program from any South-African Universities.
The Masters and Doctoral scholarships are awarded through a competitive process following a merit review process. However, NRF Freestanding Masters bursaries are released as block grants to South African public Universities.
To be taken at (country): South African public Universities.
Eligible Fields of Study: Science, Engineering and Technology
Eligible Countries: This Scholarship program is awarded to South African citizens, South African permanent residents as well as to a limited percentage of non-South African citizens registered at a South African public university for full-time studies.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Non-South African or South African Citizen or Resident.
- be registered and based at an accredited South African or an Abroad Research Institution as a full-time student during the tenure of the scholarship.
- not concurrently hold the scholarship with any full-time salaried employment position.
- be accepted as a full-time student during the tenure of the scholarship.
- have good academic records
- have completed their bachelors degree program
How To Apply: Applicants must apply on the NRF Online Submission System here and follow the application process set out in the Application and Funding Guide.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 21st July 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information