The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Postdam is offering Doctoral fellowships to International students who wants to undergo research programs at the Institution.
This fellowship program covers :
- a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000
- a travel allowance based on your country of origin
- a combined health, accident and liability insurance
- a study and research allowance of EUR 460 per year
- a rent and/or family allowance, if applicable
- grants for material costs of EUR 1,000 per year.
Eligible Countries: German and International countries
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- must hold a Diploma or a Master’s degree in political and administrative sciences, sociology or (public) management.
- be familiar with organizational research.
- be International students
- have applied or applying to University of Postdam.
How to Apply: Please submit the following documents in English.
1. A letter of motivation specifying your academic and professional interests, your current goals, study and career plans. Furthermore, explain why you deem our doctoral program appropriate for your particular background (in English, not exceeding 1,000 words).
2. An abstract of your proposal (max. 1 page).
3. Your research proposal of the planned dissertation project (only one research proposal) not exceeding 2,500 words (core text, about 5 pages, bibliography excluded). It should contain
o research question(s), hypotheses and objectives
o state of research (outlining theoretical and empirical debates on your topic as well as deficiencies in the literature that your dissertation proposal would address)
o research methods to be employed
o short bibliography
4. The proposal should also include a work schedule listing planned periods and destinations of research or field trips. If you plan a field study, please also submit a short work plan and schedule about the field trip (when, where, how long).
5. A complete curriculum vitae – with full contact details and information on your educational background and professional experience, publications and language skills.
6. Two letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic qualifications, including your skills in methods, and – where applicable – your professional qualifications, e.g. university professors from the home university, issued during the last two years.
7. Certificates or translated documents:
o school leaving certificate (College, GSEC, etc.) qualifying for admission to higher education in your own country
o certificates of annual examinations taken at the home university (transcripts of records)
o certificates of any academic degrees or advanced qualifications showing grades and explaining the home grading system (description of grade scale)
(For French-speaking countries: License or Maîtrise with Assez-Bien along with a DEA/DESS degree or a Master’s degree according to the LMD system.)
8. Certification of English Proficiency providing proof of your C1 level English language skills, or equivalent. (see below)
9. A list of publications. (if applicable)
Applications should be submitted via email by 5 April 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is on 5th April 2017.
Visit The Official Website For More Information