The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships invites applications from young female researchers who has interest in pursuing a brilliant career in science.
The Maghreb Fellowships L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the following fields (Biology, Biochemistry, Gene@cs, Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology and Chemistry applied to life).
Application Deadline: 28th July 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.
Eligible Fields of Award:
- Sciences of Life: Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology and Chemistry.
- Sciences of matter: such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: 10 000 €. Cost of traveling and accommodation for Fellows non-residents in Morocco will be provided by the L’Oréal Maroc.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned countries
- be applying for a PhD or a post-doctoral fellowship.
- Not be working permanently in 2017
- be Working on your PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields cited above.
- be at most 35 years at the closing date of the call for applications.
- be Africans working in one of the 4 countries listed above.
How To Apply: Click here to apply
The following are required during application:
• A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
• Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
• A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
• A detailed abstract / description of the research project of a maximum 2 pages
• Including research projects in progress
• A suggested project of the grant’s use supporting the application and inclusive to some budgetary indications
• The list of publications and patents.
• Recommendation letters from supervisor and / or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried.
• Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline as well as applications that do not fulfill the above conditions will not be considered.
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information
Award Providers: L’Oréal Maroc