The “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the “ABE Initiative”) is awarding scholarship opportunities to over 1000 Individuals who wants to obtain a degree program at any Japanese Institution.
The objective of the ABE Initiative master’s degree and internship program is to support young personnel who have the potential to contribute to the development of industries in Africa. This programme offers opportunities for young African men and women to study at master’s courses in Japanese universities as international students (hereafter referred to as participants) and experience internships at Japanese enterprises
Application Period: August 2017 to October 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
Offered Since: 2011
Type: Masters, Internship
Number of Awardees: 200 participants from the 54 countries in Africa
Value of Scholarship and Internship: JICA will provide the following expenses for participant of the program which is equivalent to similar JICA schemes.
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s degree programs (and research student)
- Allowances for living expenses, outfit, shipping etc.
- A round-trip airfare
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship
- Other costs should be covered by the participants’ organizations or other individuals.
Participants are not allowed to work while their stay in Japan.
Duration of Scholarship and Internship: It is expected that the duration of stay in Japan will be a maximum of 3 years. (6 months as a research student, 2 years as a student for master course and 6 months as an intern)
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Citizens of one of the 54 African countries
- be Between 22 and 39 years old (as of April 1st in the year of you arrival in Japan)
- have A bachelor’s degree
- Have adequate English proficiency, both in written and oral communication (IELTS score of over 5.5 is preferred)
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program
How To Apply: Application Documents are as follows:
- General Information (5th Batch) (PDF/542KB)
- 1-(1) Application Form (Excel/141KB)
- 1-(1) Annex1_Current and Previous Work experience (Word/21.2KB)
- 1-(1) Annex2. Career Plan after Graduation (Word/19.4KB)
- 1-(1) Annex3. Research Plan (Word/24.6KB)
- 1-(2) Recommendation Letter (Word/46.0KB)
- 2-(1) Instructions (PDF/1.78MB)
- 2-(2) University Information for the Applicants (PDF/198KB)
- 2-(3) Contact Information (PDF/287KB)
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: The African Business Education Initiative for Youth (ABE Initiative)