The Hungarian Government is offering the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program to International students who are willing to undergo a degree program in any Hungarian Institution.
The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
Eligible Countries: International. See list of countries below
To be taken at (country): Hungary
Eligible Field Of Study: Applicants are encouraged to apply for study fields that are in the educational cooperation programmes between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, Doctorate and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses).
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Medical insurance
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- be International students
- have applied or applying to any Hungarian Institution
- have good academic records
How To Apply: Click Here to apply
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Provider: Hungary Government