Columbia University is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City which is awarding fellowship opportunities to interested applicants who wants to pursue a fellowship program at the Institution.
This fellowship program is designed to support one scholar each year for an in-residence research period of 10 months at Columbia University, or to two scholars for a period of 5 months each, depending on the need of the proposed projects.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.
Eligible Countries: China, Japan, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau
To Be Taken At (Country): New York City, USA
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- Fellowship funds can be used to cover airfare, living expenses, and fees accrued during the fellow’s residence at the university.
- The Fellowship also includes a modest travel fund for the fellow to visit other US cities or institutions.
- The successful candidate may be invited to teach short-term courses or seminars which, if it happens, will carry a supplemental adjunct salary.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have PhD degree in hand at the start of the fellowship period, or have outstanding research credential.
- be able to manage the day-to-day conversation in English.
- be affiliated with an academic institution in their country of origin.
- be citizens of the above mentioned countries
How To Apply: Click here to apply
The following documents are required during application:
- Basic application form.
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, PET acceptable).
- 10 – 15-page double-spaced project proposal (in English).
- Proposal contents should include the following:
- The purpose of the project.
- Research methods.
- Potential contributions of research findings.
- Project timeline.
- Travel itineraries (if travel budget is requested)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English).
- Two letters of recommendation (in English).
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Providers: Columbia University, USA