The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Erasmus University Rotterdam. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and students from these countries thus cannot apply. The scholarship amounts to € 10.000.
Applicants granted the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship should be aware that it applies to only one academic year and he/she can only receive the scholarship once.
The scholarship will only be awarded when the applicant will start with the same programme for which he/she has applied and for which the applicant has received admission. Switching programmes after being awarded a scholarship is not possible
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Application Deadline: February 28, 2024
Value & Duration of Award: The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship amount of € 10.000 is split into two parts: € 5.000 is used as reduction on the tuition fee, the other € 5.000 will be received by the student through 10 monthly payments. The amount of € 5.000 that the student will receive, can be used as part of the required living fee deposit for the immigration procedure.
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Eligibility: In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of an Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, an applicant:
- Must be a national of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Must have never been enrolled before as a full degree student at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
- Must be selected for one of the following programmes*:
- Bachelor International Econometrics and Operations Research
- Bachelor International Economics and Business Economics
- Double bachelor BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics
- Must have registered for one of the above-mentioned bachelor programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in StudielinkOpens external, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Application Portal before 1 March in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Must complete the mathematics entrance exam in either February or March with a sufficient result, if found math deficient during the bachelor application procedure.
- Must have achieved excellent study results during his/her secondary school education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.5 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- Must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a detailed financial statement, describing your financial situation and how you plan to finance your studies (i.e. cover your tuition fee payment as well as the remaining living expenses), in case you will receive the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship.
- Must have completed the immigration application before 15 May. Completing the immigration procedure entails having submitted the immigration application documents, as well as having transferred the remaining tuition fee + the remaining part of the living fee deposit + the IND handling fee before 15 May. For more information, please see the section ‘amount and payment’ below and the website on immigration procedures for prospective students.
- Must eventually be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below
Required Documents: To apply, interested candidates must be submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter: stating your motivation to study at Erasmus School of Economics, showing evidence of being an excellent student and demonstrating why the scholarship would enlarge the opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics (max. two A4).
- Financial statement: describing your financial situation and the reason and need to receive the scholarship.
- Budget plan: overview explaining how you plan to finance your studies in case you will receive the Erasmus University
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript.
- Certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA. The GPA template document below can be used for this. You can also a statement provide by your home University, but it is important that this statement contains the same information as our standard statement.