The Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships is available for international applicants with the aim of stimulating excellent international MSc students and financially supporting them in their wish to study at TU Delft.
Top education and research are at the heart of the oldest and largest technical university in the Netherlands. Our 8 faculties offer 16 bachelor’s and more than 30 master’s programmes. Our more than 25,000 students and 6,000 employees share a fascination for science, design and technology. Our common mission: impact for a better society.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
Value & Duration of Award: Full Scholarship
The scholarship includes full tuition fees per year for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
Eligibility: To be considered for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships, you must:
- Have an excellent international applicant (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year regular TU Delft MSc programmes (not a Joint Education Programme).
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum.
- have a bachelor degree from an internationally renowned university outside of The Netherlands.
- have submitted a complete MSc application before the scholarship deadline.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below
Required Documents: To apply, candidates must be submit the following together with the MSc Application:
1. Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
2. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
3. Upload two reference letters
- You can upload your reference letters during your MSc application (as one PDF document), according to the indicated requirement.
- You can request the reference letters from your referee(s). Fill out the information about your referee/s and invite them by using the ‘send invitation button’. The referee(s) will receive an automatic email inviting him/her to upload a reference for you.
- You can combine both procedures. E.g. 1 upload and 1 referee request.
- Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application.
- Reference letters will not be accepted after the Scholarship deadline.
4. Upload the English language certificate
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).