he Africa Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing students to study at the University of Newcastle. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognises applicants with a strong academic background and incentivises them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
Scholarships will automatically be awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program and who will commence studying with the University of Newcastle.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
Value and Duration of Award:
- You will be paid AU$1250 per 10 units of study.
- The scholarship is valued at AU$10,000 for each year of study under a standard full-time study load of 80 units.
- The payment will be applied directly to your student account for each term of study in your eligible program(s) as a tuition fee reduction.
- The amount applied is on a pro rata basis and will be adjusted according to approved reduced study load, credit exemptions, progression or enrolment above full-time study load.
Eligible Field of Study: Quota programs excluded from this scholarship are:
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Podiatry.
Eligible Countries: All African Countries
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you will need to:
- Hold a passport from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
How To Apply:
- No application is required for this scholarship.
- Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the university (where eligibility criteria is met).
- Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their Letter of Offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if you do not wish to accept.
- Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA.