The scholarship is for non-EEA/non-EFTA excellent students aspiring to undergo Master’s degree programme at Leiden University and awarded for the duration of the study programme. We want our graduates to become academic professionals and engaged global citizens who contribute to solutions for the challenges facing our society. This calls for teaching that is strongly research driven.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Value & Duration of Award: €25,000
The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligible Countries: non-EEA/non-EFTA countries
Eligibility: To be considered for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, you must:
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
- Applicants must have a non-EEA/non-EFTA* passport, and may not be eligible for student finance via the Dutch government (Studiefinanciering) – with the exceptions of students applying for the programmes listed below for which no nationality restrictions apply:
- All LLM Advanced Studies programmes
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below