The Agnes C. Nelson Memorial Scholarship is offered to students majoring in either Political Science or Economics, who demonstrate interest in both fields.
The University of Washington will provide an award amount of approximately $8,000 towards tuition fees to high-achieving candidates.
Application Deadline: April 28th, 2023.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Approximately $8,000 towards tuition fees
Number of Awards: 1
Eligible Field of Studies: The scholarship will be awarded to students majoring in Political Science or Economics.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria: –
- Maintain a cumulative UW GPA of at least 3.2,
- Have completed 25 combined credits in Economics and Political Science, with at least 10 credits in each department,
- Have completed 75 credits by the end of Spring Quarter 2023,
- Have submitted a completed application form with all necessary attachments
- Must have a high school certificates with a good academic record.
- Must be fluent in the English language. They must check more through the given link here.
How to Apply: The application packet must include the following:
1. A completed application form (attached). Applications are also on the Pol S Scholarship page at: https://www.polisci.washington.edu/scholarships (bottom of page).
2. An unofficial UW transcript. Access your unofficial transcript from your MyUW page.
3. A 500-word essay (2 pages, double-spaced) in which you examine the interrelationships between political processes and economic decisions.
Submit the application and supporting materials by email as pdf attachments to [email protected]. Put Agnes Nelson Scholarship in the subject line.