ACU member university workers can apply for up to 40 Early Career Conference Grants to attend both virtual (online) and physical conferences. Before applying for the award, applicants must specify which conference they plan to attend, and they must specify on the application form whether they are looking for an online or in-person grant.
Early Career Conference Grants help to ensure that more emerging researchers – and the universities that employ them – can benefit from these valuable opportunities.
Application Deadline: 28th November 2022 16:00 UTC
Eligible Countries: ACU Member countries
Number of Awards: 40
Value of Award:
For virtual conferences, the grants cover:
- Conference registration fee of up to £600 GBP
- A data grant of £50 GBP for successful applicants who do not have reliable access to Wi-Fi.
- Free access to a half-day training session on how to deliver great virtual presentations
For in-person conferences, grants are a maximum of GBP 2,000 to cover:
- Conference registration fee
- Visa costs
- Travel and health insurance
- COVID-19 testing for travel
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be employed by an ACU member university with the job title of lecturer, post-doctoral researcher, professor, associate professor, or equivalent.
- Be within 7 years of the start of their academic (research/teaching) career
- Not have previously traveled for work purposes (including conferences) outside their region of employment since the start of their academic career. Please see this page for the definition of regions.
- Not be a previous recipient of an ACU Early Career Conference Grant (known as Early Career Academic Grants.)
How to Apply: To apply for a grant, you will need a MyACU account. If you already have an account, you can start your application right away.
If you do not have a MyACU account, please register. You’ll then need to follow the login instructions in the registration email before starting your application.