The Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is proud to announce another call for applications for what will be the 6th round of the GC Scholarship to empower young African global citizens who are passionate about taking action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The GC Scholarship is a fully virtual scholarship program that empowers young African change-makers to address one or more of the SDGs in their community by proposing and implementing a localized SDG Micro-Project whilst also benefitting from a summer school as well as various expert training and workshops on specific topics.
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023
Award Value: Over the course of 8 months, the selected scholars will get the chance to enhance their skillset on the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, elevate their knowledge with regards to the field of entrepreneurship for sustainable development, and connect with professional networks. Besides this, some of the benefits you will receive include full cost coverage for summer school training with MCI Innsbruck and coverage also of other expert workshops, a USD 500 seed fund to support the implementation of an SDG Micro-Project to be distributed after the successful submission of a project proposal, and a Certificate of Achievement awarded after the successful completion of the SDG Micro-Project signed by Co-chairs of the Ban Ki-moon Centre.
Number of Awards: 15
Eligibility: To be eligible, the applicant has to be;
- African youth regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation
- Age group 20-35
- Applicants must have completed at least 1 year of a master’s program, be working towards a PhD, or be within 2 years of graduation from a master’s program or higher.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong dedication to SDGs and the ideals of global citizenship.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they may otherwise not have access to such an opportunity.
- Applicants must provide proof of a minimum English level B2 (European Standards)
How to Apply: Click here for application processes and guidelines