The Centre for African Studies at the University of Basel calls for applications for two positions in Social Anthropology or African Studies covering a period of three years funded by the Humer Foundation for Academic Talent.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: The offer an international, multidisciplinary work environment and excellent research infrastructure and a workplace in the heart of Basel. Compensation will be according to the guidelines of the University of Basel.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- hold an excellent Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Social Anthropology or a related discipline;
- present an original idea for a research project relating to the sexuality, mobility, and political economy;
- have very good research and writing skills;
- commit themselves fully to their PhD project during the funding period and aim at completing their project within the said period;
- meet the requirements for admission to PhD studies at the University of Basel.
How to Apply: APPLY HERE
Your application includes
1. a letter of motivation (not exceeding two pages);
2. a curriculum vitae (not exceeding two pages and including a list of publications, if applicable);
3. a short proposal (1500-2500 words) relating to sexuality, mobility, and political economy.
4. copies of undergraduate and postgraduate diplomas complete with transcripts (please note that the overall grade received for the Master degree is relevant for admission);
5. the contact details of two referees (university professors or lecturers);
6. one or two writing samples (including Master’s thesis or equivalent).
Submit your application as PDF files using only the recruiting online tool of Basel University.
For more information, please visit our website: https://zasb.unibas.ch or contact Prof. George Paul Meiu [email protected]