The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), in collaboration with the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL), KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Program (KWTRP), and Strathmore University’s Institute of Healthcare Management, are offering DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships to individuals who are seeking to study in Kenya.
The award includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates, and some contribution towards research costs. Please note that this is not a fully-funded position, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the Call for Scholarship Applications 2020 information sheet.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2020 (Application Closing Date on the DAAD Portal)
Eligible Countries: Citizens of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
To be Taken at (Country): Strathmore University, Kenya
Eligible Field(s): Ph.D. in Healthcare Management
Number of Awards: Up to 5 scholarships available.
Value of Award: The winners will receive:
- The award includes full tuition fees, a monthly stipend at DAAD rates, and some contribution towards research costs. Please note that this is not a fully-funded position, as DAAD will only provide funding as stated in the Call for Scholarship Applications 2020 information sheet.
- The successful applicants will be registered at Strathmore University and supervised by renowned health systems researchers from Strathmore and KWTRP. They will also have access to generic skills training by IDEAL.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also
a) encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 3 up to 6 months.
Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship and can only be awarded if the necessary financial means are available.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
• A monthly scholarship payment for living costs
• Health/accident/personal liability insurance
• A flat-rate travel allowance
b) invited to apply for different Summer Schools in Germany (four weeks).
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Application Process: To apply for the opportunity, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:
- Click here to download the Graduate Application Form.
- Click here to download the DAAD Information Sheet.
- Click here to download the draft call for scholarship application.
Visit The Official Website For More Information