The African Centre for Cities, through Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) is calling for scholarship applications for 2024.
DAAD are offering five In-Region Scholarships* for students from Sub-Saharan Africa who enrol for the MPhil Southern Urbanism (Masters in Urban Studies) programme at the University of Cape Town.
Application Deadline: 27th April 2023
Eligible Countries: Africa
To be Taken at: University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Type: Master degree
Value of Awards: Not Mentioned
Number of Awards: 5
Duration of Awards: The duration of the Master programme is generally two years and is usually starting in February. The Master programme includes both coursework and a research phase.
Eligible Field of Studies: MPhil in Urban Studies – Southern Urbanism
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- have successfully completed generally a four-year university degree (Master candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent, if applicable);
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) or a candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) or from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme.
How to Apply: Applications for the DAAD scholarship must be submitted via the DAAD portal