Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
The Emile Boutmy scholarship fund benefits from the generous support of its sponsors (benefactors, companies and foundations) who are eager to allow the most deserving international students to study to at Sciences Po. Private sponsors can be in direct contact with scholarship holders during official organised events.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme: 28th February 2021
- Deadline for masters programme: 6th December, 2020
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Bachelors, Masters
Number of Awardees: Not Specified
Value and Duration of Scholarship: The Emile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to Undergraduate and Masters students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of study.
Undergraduate Scholarship: The Emile Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme, in addition to a grant to cover part of the cost of living of €5000 per year.
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of 19,000€ may be granted to cover the three years of College. Scholarship amounts are decided during the different admission juries.
If you do not validate your academic year, your scholarship will be lost.
If you have been granted for a scholarship and you decide to defer your admission, your scholarship wil be lost.
During the year abroad (third year of the undergraduate programme): Scholarship recipients will retain their tuition fee grant and additional cost of living grant (if applicable) during their year abroad.
Masters Scholarship: The Emile Boutmy/Miem programme can take several different forms:
- A grant of €10,000 per year to cover tuition fees for the two years of the Masters
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the two years of the Masters.
Eligibility: In order to apply to this scholarship you must notify it on your application form, as well as include a proof of income and documents explaining your family situation.
Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship in their Sciences Po application. Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…).
For more information contact the Admissions Department either by filling out this contact form, or by phone +33 (0)1 45 49 50 82
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information