The University of Maine – USA is offering the First Year & Upper-Class International Awards to High Achieving students who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the Institution.
The university provides support for the education and preparation of engineering graduates for challenging and rewarding careers in the pulp and paper and supplier industries.
- December 31, 2019, for First-year and
- March 30, 2020, for Upper-class students
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate Scholarships
Value Of Scholarships:
- For First Year Pulp & Paper foundation grant: Either full-tuition as billed by UMaine or $8500 per year
- Upper-Class Pulp & Paper foundation grant: $6000 per year
Number Of Awards: Varies
1) For First Year Pulp & Paper foundation grant:
- Applicants must be Entering first-year
- Applicants must be current high school seniors
- Applicants must have become familiar with the technology and careers in the pulp and paper industry and how they will continue to pursue these opportunities during their course of study at UMaine.
- Applicants must have a combined SAT score of 1100+, are the recipients of academic honors, participate in leadership and extracurricular activities, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2) Upper-Class Pulp & Paper foundation grant:
- Current UMaine Engineering Students are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Applicants must be first-year, sophomore, junior
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the semester prior to a scholarship being awarded.
- Applicants must have become familiar with the career opportunities and technologies of the pulp and paper industry.
How To Apply:
- To be considered the First Year Pulp & Paper foundation grant, applicants need to begin the application process for a First-Year Student application. After completing the registration information through Eventbrite please email the required documents (letter, transcript, SAT scores) described above and in the Scholarship Brochure to [email protected]
- To be applying for the Upper-Class application, applicants need to take admission to this university.
Visit The Official Website For More Information