The Fitzwilliam College of Cambridge University invites applications from interested applicants who are interested in pursuing a Career Research Fellowship program at the college.
The Fellowships are open to graduates of any University, with no age limit, but will normally be awarded to candidates who have recently completed their PhD or are close to completion.
Application Deadline: Monday 13th November 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): UK
Number Of Awards: Not specified
Value Of Award:
- The 2017-18 pensionable rates are: pre-PhD £18,777 – £21,585, post PhD £20,411 – £22,876. These rates will be reviewed annually from 2018 in line with stipends generally within the College. A stipendiary Fellow already holding an award from another organisation, such as a Research Council or similar body, will be paid a stipend from the date such an award expires. Rent-free single accommodation will be offered in College, with a charge to cover services. An allowance, which is currently £3,340, is paid to any Research Fellow not resident in College, and study facilities are made available.
- The College operates a housing loan scheme which is designed to assist Fellows with the purchase of a residential property in the Cambridge area.
- Research Fellows are entitled to all meals (either lunch or dinner) at College expense whenever the kitchens are open. Up to three of these meals each week may be assigned to guests; and further meals (for the Fellow and guests) are available at the Fellow’s expense. There is also a small tax-free allowance to cover out-of-pocket expenses incurred in the entertainment of students.
- An annual allowance of £1,000 is provided for use for academic purposes including the purchase of books, and computing equipment or attendance at conferences. Unused allowances may be carried forward for up to three years. Additional grants may sometimes be made to assist with certain approved research expenses which are not covered by departmental, faculty or other sources.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be graduates, women and men, of any university who have recently or are about to complete their doctorates.
- be expected to have completed no more that 5 years full time equivalent post-doctoral research.
- have submitted their theses by the commencement of the Fellowship.
How To Apply: Click here to apply
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Providers: Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge