MTCP cordially invites students from the MTCP recipient countries for the Academic Year of 2021/2022 to apply for their scholarship opportunity.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
Application Deadline: 16th August 2021.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at: Public and Private Universities in Malaysia
Type: Masters degree
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarships: This scholarship covers:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Family Assistance Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Medical Claims
- Visa Fee
Eligibility: Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria:
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.0 at Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60; or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer List of Universities).
- Applications are only open to candidates who have received offer letters from universities in Malaysia but have not yet started their studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree.
How to Apply:
- All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/
- All the documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form;
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELTS);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Endorsement form MTCP Scholarship;
- Admission offer letter from Malaysian Universities (if applicable);
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Medical examination form.