The GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in sub-Saharan Africa is awarded to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
This scholarship opportunity is offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
Application Deadline: 27th February 2022 23:59 (GMT)
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: Each scholarship will cover:
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
Duration of Program: 1 year
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2022-23 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
How to Apply: The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 27 February 2022.
- Step 1
Submit an application for 2022-23 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Step 2
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).