The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. The essay must be a legal article. The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST).
Eligible Countries: International
Essay Award Topic for 2021: Human Rights and States of Emergency: Unexpected Crisis and New Challenges
Eligibility: Applicants for the Award must hold a law degree and have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
Number of Awards: The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish.
Value of Award: The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
How To Apply: ESSAY SUBMISSION
It is important to go through Essay regulations before submitting.
Visit The Official Webpage For More Information