If you are looking to gain more hands-on experience in your field of study and work with leading professors on innovative research, This scholarship program offers a number of undergraduate research awards for summer project opportunities.
The University of Ontario, Canada invites applications from Interested applicants who wants to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2019
Eligible Countries: International & Canadian
Eligible Field Of Study:
1) Faculty of Business and Information Technology
2) Faculty of Education
3) Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
4) Faculty of Energy System and Nuclear Science
5) Faculty of Health Science
6) Faculty of Science
7) Faculty of Social Science and Humanities
Value Of Scholarships: Two scholarships are awarded:
1. UOIT Star Award: Successful students will receive $4,500 to $6,000 over a period of 12 to 16 weeks (May through August) for full-time work on a research project.
2. NSERC Award: Successful students will receive $6,000 over a period of 16 weeks (May to August) for full-time work on a research project.
UOIT Star Award: To apply, students must meet the following requirements:
1) Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or international student.
2) Be a registered University of Ontario Institute of Technology student (at the time you apply) in a bachelor’s degree program.
3) Have obtained, over the previous year of study, a cumulative average of at least a B- (70 per cent, 2.7 grade points).
4) Have completed at least one full year of university course work (two full academic semesters) by the start of the research project (May 2018).
NSERC Award: To apply, students must meet the following requirements:
1) Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
2) Be registered (at the time you apply) in a bachelor’s degree program at an eligible university.
3) Have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least a B- (70 per cent, 2.7 grade points).
4) Have completed one full year of university course work.
5) Hold one USRA per fiscal year (April 1 to March 31) and a maximum of three USRAs throughout their university career.
6) Be registered in a bachelor’s degree at an eligible university in at least one of the two terms immediately previous to the award (graduating students are eligible to apply provided they will not have started a program of graduate studies in the natural sciences or engineering during the term of the award, May to August 2018).
How To Apply:
This application package includes:
- Undergraduate Research Award Application Form
- Statement of Interest (page 3 of the Application form)
- Request for the university’s Official Transcript of Academic Record Form
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information