The University of British Colombia – Canada is offering the International Public Scholars Awards to Interested applicants who are looking at pursuing a degree program at the Institution.
This award is part of the UBC Public Scholars Initiative (PSI) which intends to build connections, community, and capacity for doctoral students who are interested in explicitly linking their doctoral work to an arena of public benefit and integrating broader and more career-relevant forms of scholarship into their doctoral education process.
Application Deadline: 29th May 2020
Eligible Countries: Canadian, Permanent Resident and International
Number of Awards: Every year funding is available for up to 30-40 new students
Value of Award: Up to $10,000 twice, for a total of $20,000 per student is available to support innovative/collaborative scholarship which the student would otherwise be unable to pursue. Funding can be used for:
- A research allowance (including allowance for professional development or travel relevant to the scholarly work)
- Student stipend, if the student’s current funding source would not allow the alternative project(s)
Duration of Award: Up to 2 years
- Applicants must have completed no more than 48 months of doctoral study as of 31 August 2020
- Applicants must be registered in a UBC doctoral program as of 1 September 2020
- Applicants in their 6th year (48 to 60 months of doctoral study) will be accepted only in the most exceptional circumstances
How To Apply: The applications are now open.
(1) Download these 2 files from the link below (under the ‘Further Information’ section): PSI Fellowship Application 2020-2021; and PSI Fellowship Application Instructions 2020-2021
(2) Following the guidelines, complete the Application form.
(3) Upload the completed Application form and your Canadian Common CV as one pdf file (see instructions for details) to this link.
(4) Once the form is downloaded you can edit and save the form by renaming it.
(5) For the mandatory supervisor letter of support and the optional letter(s) of support from collaborators, your letter writers should go to this page. You can open the page, and share the link with them.
(6) This will complete your application.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information