The University of Groningen is providing €2,249 per month (gross) for students who want to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
In this project, a PhD student will assess the nonresponse problem by investigating survey participation mechanisms. They welcome research ideas from different perspectives, for example: survey methodological theories, sociology, and/or linguistics.
Application Deadline: Candidates may apply for this position until 15 May 11:59 pm / before 16 May 2022
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Awards: €2,249 per month (gross)
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligibility: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have a master’s or research master’s degree in for example social sciences, communication science or data science
- Have had a thorough training in qualitative and quantitative research skills
formulate a short research proposal before the start of the project, and develop this further together with the research team in the first six months of the research project
- Have affinity with survey research methodology
- Have a good command of spoken and written English (C1) and preferably Dutch (B1)
- Be able to finish the PhD thesis in four years
- Be able to show perseverance, flexibility, and have organizational and collaboration skills
- Enjoy the planning, taking initiatives, and academic writing
- Be able and willing to work in Groningen.
How to Apply: Applicants need to take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Groningen. After being enrolled, applicants can apply through an online application form for the position.