The International Student Retention Scholarship (ISRS), made possible through funding from the State of Oregon, offers partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world.
The presence of international students on their campus and in their city provides students and Portland residents with valuable exposure to the world’s cultural diversity.
- Fall Term: July 15th, 2022
- Winter Term: October 15 2022
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate, Graduate, Post-baccalaureate
Value of Award: $1,500
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals.
- Applicants must have clearly defined degree goals and be making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree program.
- Applicants must be International students.
How to Apply: Applicants are encouraged to apply through WorldLink.
- Completed online application form
- Essay (maximum two double-spaced pages in length) addressing these topics:
a. A brief personal background
b. Your academic and professional goals, and how a degree from PSU will assist you in fulfilling those
- A written statement of your financial support and the circumstances of your financial need. Please include your
family’s yearly income in your statement. You do not need to include any bank statements. (Maximum two
double-spaced pages in length).
- Two letters or forms of recommendation dated within the last six months from instructors or academic advisors