The Division of Neuroscience at the King’s College London is offering scholarship opportunities to Interested applicants who are willing to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program is aimed at encouraging current King’s MBBS students and GKT Medical School Alumni to pursue research in the area of mental health and neurosciences. This scholarship will be awarded based on merit
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
Eligible Countries: UK/EU/International
Eligible Field Of Study:
- BSc in Global Health & Social Medicine
- BA in Global Health & Social Medicine
Value Of Scholarships: £20,000 per year
For the Masters’ Programmes, applicants must:
- Have submitted an application to an MSc at the IoPPN;
- Be a graduate of GKT School of Medicine or its affiliates, or if an undergraduate, must have completed at least 3 years of their MBBS course, and have undertaken a clinical attachment in either psychiatry or neurology;
- Agree to provide an end of year report and a letter of thanks to the donor and attend events where necessary.
- Provide a written personal statement (up to 1000 words) including:
- Why they wish to undertake this course of study;
- An example of a piece of academic work (e.g. a scientific publication or clinical report) that they have undertaken;
- Evidence of strong academic ability.
For the PhD/MD (Res) Programmes, applicants must:
- Have firmly accepted an offer of a studentship at the IoPPN or have had a proposal for a PhD or MD(Res) approved by the relevant KCL/IoPPN Higher Degrees committee:
- Be a graduate of GKT School of Medicine, or be about to graduate, or be an intercalating MBBS student at GKT (PhD only)
- Agree to provide end of year reports annually during the course of their study and a letter of thanks to the donor on completion of their degree and attend events where necessary
- Provide an outline of their research proposal
- Provide a written personal statement (up to 1500 words) including:
- Why they wish to undertake a research degree in the fields of psychiatry/psychology/neuroscience
- An example of a piece of academic work (eg a scientific publication or clinical report) that they have undertaken
- Evidence of strong academic ability
How To Apply: Click Here To Apply
The application form should be completed, scanned and emailed to [email protected].