The Jerry D. Wilcox Community Engagement Scholarship is a $3,500 fall tuition award that recognizes an undergraduate international student who has demonstrated leadership in their undergraduate program through academic achievement; participation in campus and community organizations – particularly in leadership roles, and has made positive contributions to the campus community.
Application Deadline: 5 pm, 1st April 2023.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: $3,500
Number of Awards: NA
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university, especially for the degree programme they want to join.
- Applicants must be International Students.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOELF IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
How to Apply: In addition to the online application, the following criteria must be met and included with your application to be considered complete:
Applicants will need to provide an Essay of Involvement (500-1500 words, typed, double-spaced) that addresses all of the following points:
- Discuss the importance of leadership and community engagement as it relates to your own involvement.
- Describe, with specific examples, the positive impact that your involvement has had on yourself, others, and the community.
- Summarize the significant lessons that you have learned by participating in your listed activities (ex: how your experiences have helped you better understand U.S. culture, how your experiences have impacted the way you view issues in your home country, etc.).