Applications are invited for The Koffi Addo Writivism Prize which is awarded to emerging African writers administered by the Center for African Cultural Excellence (CACE) and sponsored by the Koffi Addo family.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (country): Kampala, Uganda
Value of Award:
- Shortlisted writers may be invited to attend the annual Writivism Festival in Kampala, Uganda, in August 2018.
- The winner of the prize will be awarded $500 (USD) cash and may be considered for a one-month writing residency at a university in an African country.
- The winner will be required to produce a complete first draft of a publishable creative nonfiction manuscript before the residency.
- The winner, on taking up the residency commits to publishing the manuscript edited through the residency, under the Writivism Series with a CACE partner publisher.
- Applicants must be Africans
- The writer shall not publish the shortlisted story elsewhere, until ten years from the first date of the original publication by CACE.
- Applicants must be unpublished writers (unpublished here means those who have not had a book published), resident in an African country.
How To Apply:
- Entries must be submitted online, by emailing them to info@ as attachments (not in the body of the email), clearly labelled in the subject: 2018 Koffi Addo Prize.
- The writer must include in the body of the email, other information about him/her i.e country of residence, age, legal name and pen name (where applicable) and telephone contact.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Provider: Writivism