The University Of California, Berkeley – USA is offering MasterCard scholarship programs to African students who have interest in undergoing a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program will provide holistic support – financial, academic, social, and career counseling to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. It aims to benefit 15,000 young people over 10 years, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Masters: Varies by Program (Deadlines of applicable Fields of Study fall between November 2018 to January 2019).
- MBA: 27th September 2018 & 10th January 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): University of California Berkeley, USA
Eligible Fields of Study: Graduate Scholars are pursuing or have earned Master’s degrees in:
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- MBA. However, a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One application deadline (21st September 2017)
Type: Masters and MBA
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship.
- be extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- be engaged in activities beyond the classroom.
- be passionate about issues affecting their communities
- have outstanding academic grades
How To Apply: To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
Learn more about applying for Masters Scholarship
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation and the host university