The University Of California, Berkeley – USA is offering MasterCard scholarship programs to African students who have interest in undergoing a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program will provide holistic support – financial, academic, social, and career counseling to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. It aims to benefit 15,000 young people over 10 years, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Masters: Varies by Program (Deadlines of applicable Fields of Study fall between November 2018 to January 2019).
- MBA: 27th September 2018 & 10th January 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): University of California Berkeley, USA
Eligible Fields of Study: Graduate Scholars are pursuing or have earned Master’s degrees in:
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- MBA. However, a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One application deadline (21st September 2017)
Type: Masters and MBA
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship.
- be extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- be engaged in activities beyond the classroom.
- be passionate about issues affecting their communities
- have outstanding academic grades
How To Apply: To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
Learn more about applying for Masters Scholarship
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation and the host university
8 thoughts on “2018 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkeley – USA”
Comment:please am an o! level holder and I want to study medicine and surgery in London under scholarship how will I apply.
I like to sturdy law
But I don’t even have money to apply….
But I need d requirements to b sent to my email pls
AM A SECOND CLASS UPPER STUDENT WHO WOULD WANT TO STUDY M.PHILD IN SOIL SCIENCE…LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS A CHANCE [email protected]..thanks
I am an hnd holder in accounting I need a top-up scholarship or any fully funded scholarship please “abeola69!gmail.com”
Good day, I’m Kingsley from Nigeria. I have a diploma in Community Health and desires to study medicine through scholarship, please how do I apply for one? Thanks…
I am an O’level holder and i graduated through the help of God on scholarship and I have the zeal to go further but i have no sponsor. I’m science inclined. Please I need assistance.
Am an o level student who would like to study mass communication please is there any chance [email protected]
Comment: I want to apply but don’t know how to go about it. I need guide line