The Centre of African Studies & SOAS in partnership with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation invites applications from Africans who are looking to acquire a degree program at the University of London, UK.
This scholarship program is created with the aim of building skills, developing talent, and enabling Africans to improve the quality of governance in their countries.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Mo Ibrahim Foundation scholarship. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
To Be Taken At: United Kingdom
Eligible Field Of Study:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Number Of Awardees: Not specified
Value Of Scholarships: The scholarship provides for fees for three years and an annual bursary of £16.000 per year. The scholarship also covers visa costs, HIS and TB (if undertaken), provided receipts are submitted to the Centre of African Studies office.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- have completed their bachelors and Masters degree program’
- have applied or applying to University of London
- have good academic records
How To Apply: Please provide the following documents by email to [email protected]:
- Complete application form (see pdf attached on the right side of this page)
- A copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
Visit The Official Scholarship Website For More Information