The University of Ghana has, through a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding, received a grant from Société des Produits Nestlé SA to support students in conducting interdisciplinary research in the broad areas of Food and Nutrition Security, and Climate Change.
The grant is mainly directed to the funding of students and will provide support for tuition, research costs and stipend starting from the 2020/2021 academic year.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2020, at 5:00pm.
Eligible Countries: A national or permanent resident of Ghana
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The grant is mainly directed to the funding of PhD students and will provide support for tuition, research costs and stipend starting from the 2020/2021 academic year.
Duration of Award: Funding for the programme is for a maximum of four (4) years (First year applicants) and three (3) years (Second year applicants).
- First or Second year PhD students in a discipline closely related to the research themes above (e.g. Food Science, Nutrition, Food Process Engineering and others).
- Applicant must have no competing scholarships and commit to fulltime PhD student status.
- First year applicants must meet the University of Ghana requirements and gain admission into an applicable PhD programme.
- Second year applicants should have met UG academic requirements including having passed their written and comprehensive examinations.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials, and demonstrate motivation and capacity to carry out original, innovative and independent research.
- Applicant must be a national or permanent resident of Ghana
How To Apply: Interested applicants should download and complete the application form, and include the supporting documents indicated below, into a single PDF file. Applications should be emailed to:
Institute of Applied Science & Technology
College of Basic & Applied Sciences
University of Ghana
P.O Box LG 25, Legon Email: [email protected]
The Assistant Registrar
Institute of Applied Science and Technology
DI Old Chemistry Building
Cruise O’Brien Road (Opposite the Recreational Quadrangle)
University of Ghana
Visit The Scholarship Website For More Information