Enel Foundation and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) are pleased to announce the start of the call for applications for the 2023 edition of Open Africa Power, the programme aimed at empowering women and youth to lead the clean energy transition of Africa.
Application Deadline: 10th April 2023
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: up to 60
Value of Award: Open Africa Power will engage up to 60 African students and alumni in a series of professional development and leadership activities, comprising residential training modules in South Africa.
Duration of Programme: 6 months
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
· Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by May 1st, 2023;
· Be a citizen of an African country;
· Currently resident in an African country or planning to relocate in Africa within the end of 2024;
· Be eligible to travel to Italy. All candidates are invited to check well in advance the procedure applicable to their specific case;
· Having graduated by May 1st, 2023 from a PhD, MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree. Undergraduate students, people with only a BSc degree or people who are currently enrolled in a master’s degree (i.e. Graduate students) are not eligible for this program. At least one degree (PhD, MSc, BSc, LLM, MPP or MBA) must be from an African University;
· Have competences and a demonstrated interest to pursue a career – in private or public sector – in the electricity space at large;
· Be fully proficient in English (CEFR C1 level), and be able to demonstrate this via an official language certificate or completion of at least one degree completely taught in English;
· Willingness to promote gender equality and women´s empowerment within and beyond the programme.
How to Apply: Applications are to be filed through our dedicated platform exclusively, using the verification code (OAPF2325). We highly invite you to start and complete your application on both Google Chrome and a desktop environment for the best results possible in terms of stability and reliability of the platform. Please click on the link and copy-paste the code written above in order to begin the process.
Applicants must provide:
- A copy of their CV (in PDF format);
- Copy of their Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates (plus eventual MBA/PhD certificates) AND academic transcripts (in PDF format);
- A copy of their Passport (in PDF format);
- A motivation letter (max 700 words, in PDF format);
- Three reference letters from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives (in PDF format).