The University of Melbourne is providing up to $20,000 to individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the Institution. This scholarship opportunity supports the development of a piece of journalism in any format.
Application Deadline: September 26, 2022
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Up to $20,000
Number of Awards: 1
Eligible Field of Studies: Master of Journalism programs in Language, literature, and cultural studies; Performing and visual arts, theatre, film, and television.
- Applicants need to be enrolled or enrolling in the 150-point or 200-point Master of Journalism or Master of International programs at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicant must have a previous year degree before applying for the grant.
- Applicants should check all the English language requirements when you come to study at Melbourne University.
How to Apply: Complete the online application form which includes the following supporting documents:
- a project proposal of up to 400-words for a major piece of journalism in any format, which is achievable and is able to be published in The Citizen and possibly co-published with other media outlets;
- a statement of up to 100-words outlining the applicant’s journalistic ambitions and how they are exploring opportunities in the profession;
- a budget listing project expenses, if relevant; and,
- a portfolio of published or unpublished journalism that demonstrates the applicant’s abilities.