The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, calls for applications for full-time scholarships in the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights in the African region.
This scholarship program is aimed at strengthening the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme of the Centre in ways that develop a distinct focus on interrogating culture and/or criminalisation as part of broader discourses on sexual and/ or reproductive rights in the African region. The scholarships are comprehensive, covering tuition fees, travel, living expenses and ancillary costs.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2020.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be expected to reside in Pretoria (South Africa) for the three-year period of the scholarship, and to contribute to the work of the Centre (for about 25 hours per week). The period of residence would ideally start early in 2021.
Duration of Award: 3 years
Eligibility: Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or closely related to, the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent proficiency in academic research
- Demonstrable interest and expertise in sexual and reproductive rights
- Some familiarity with the African human rights system
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
How To Apply: The application must include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a brief motivation for applying for the scholarship, referring to the ‘minimum requirements’ above;
- a proposal of about 3 to 5 pages of the prospective LLD/DPhil research (succinctly setting out the research problem; the research question(s) to be addressed; the proposed research methods/ methodology; and demonstrating familiarity with the most salient literature);
- a sample of writing by the candidate in the area of sexual and/or reproductive rights; and
- copies of relevant post-graduate degree(s) and related academic transcript(s).
All applications and enquiries should be directed to Dr Satang Nabaneh at [email protected] no later than 15 November 2020.
Visit The Official Website For More Information