The US Department of State, USA is awarding the STEM fellowship program to Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Fields who wants to undergo a fellowship program in USA.
- Application closes: 17th January, 2018.
- Semifinalists will be contacted via email in/around March 2018.
- Final decisions will be made no later than early May 2018.
- September 2018: TechWomen program begins in San Francisco, CA
- October 2018: TechWomen program concludes in Washington, DC
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, SierraLeone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): USA
Eligible Field Of Study: Any STEM fields
Type: Training, Fellowship
Number of Awardees: 100 women
Value of Scholarship: International travel, housing, meals and incidentals, local transportation and transportation to official TechWomen events are covered by the TechWomen program. Participants are responsible for the cost of any non-program activities in which they wish to partake, such as independent sightseeing and non-program-related travel.
Duration of Scholarship: The 2018 TechWomen program will occur over five weeks from September – October 2018. Due to the fast-paced nature of the program, arrival and departure dates are not flexible.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields.
- be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
- have at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
How To Apply: Click here to commence application process
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Award Provider: US Department of State