The International Council Of Ophthalmology invites applications from Individuals who has interest in undergoing a fellowship program in any country of the applicants choice.
This fellowship program is designed to help promising young ophthalmologists from developing countries improve their practical skills and broaden their perspectives of ophthalmology. Fellows are expected to bring the acquired knowledge and skills back to their home country and take part in programs to preserve and restore vision.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Various countries depending on fellowship applicant chooses.
Number Of Awards: 60
Value Of Award: US$6000 (maximum) to cover travel and living expenses for three months. The exact amount is subject to actual student-style living expenses in the host country.
Duration Of Program: 3 months
Eligibility: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of a developing country
- be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- return to home country after the training, resume previous positions, and apply the knowledge gained during the fellowship.
- be fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- pass Specialist exam in ophthalmology
How To Apply: Click here to begin application process
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information
Award Providers: International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO)