In order to increase the diversity of perspectives in the ZiF research groups and to make African researchers more visible, the Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZiF) is now offering two scholarships per year for researchers from Africa: the Norbert Elias Fellowships
The ZiF is Bielefeld University’s Institute for Advanced Study and fosters outstanding and innovative interdisciplinary research projects. The ZiF is an independent thematically open research institution and is open to scholars from all disciplines and all countries
Application Deadline: 15th February 2021.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Bielefeld, Germany
Number of Awards: 2
Value and Duration of Award:
- The ZiF offers a monthly stipend of 3,000 Euro plus free accommodation at the ZiF’s campus and travel expenses.
- The ZiF will also contribute to health insurance costs.
- Fellows are very welcome to bring their families with them. The ZiF campus comprises flats from single room to family size to provide suitable accommodation.
- Fellows will also receive an additional allowance of 200 Euro per month per accompanying child.
- We will be happy to assist with finding appropriate childcare and educational facilities.
- Applications are welcome from senior researchers and postdocs from African universities from all disciplines whose research and publications are closely linked to the research group’s topic.
- Applicants should be interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and willing to engage in the activities of the research group, such as jours fixes, talks, workshops, and conferences.
How to Apply: For the application, please send us a CV and a letter of motivation (maximum three pages) describing your research and how you intend to contribute to the research group.
Please attach one or two relevant publications and indicate how long you intend to stay (two to ten months).
Please send your application in one PDF file to: [email protected]
Visit The Fellowship Website For More Information