The Ace II project is made available for Female Africans who are willing to undergo a degree program for 2018/2019 Academic session.
The World Bank is partnering with eight Governments in Eastern and Southern Africa in an innovative project with the aim of improving the quality of training and research in higher education, and reducing the skill gaps in key development priority areas.
Application Deadline: 22nd June 2018 (5:00 pm East African Time)
Application Deadline For Zambian National Only: July 13th 2018
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Eligible Countries: ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Burundi)
Value Of Scholarship: The provided financial support for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- University tuition fees: Approximately USD 3,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice)
- Stipend: USD 800 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses
- Research: USD 4,800 to support student research, payable upon approval of research proposal
- Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for this Fellowship, the applicant must:
- be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi,Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- be under the age of thirty five (35) years
- be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- have been admitted in any of the 24 ACEs to study full-time in any of the priority disciplines of the ACE II Project: (i) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics;
- have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
How To Apply: To apply for this Fellowship, interested candidates are advised to fill in the application form found at www.iucea.org or ace2.iucea.org attach all requested documents, and send by e-mail to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received not later than 5.00 PM East African Time on June 4 2018. For proof of eligibility, an applicant should ensure that the following are provided:
- Completed application form
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of two referees
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified copies of passport or national identity card indicating citizenship
- Copy of admission letter from one of the host universities (please refer to the attached table on Countries, ACEs and Universities).
Visit The Official Website For More Information