Yamaha Music Gulf FZE, a subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation, is calling on tertiary music students from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Oceania and Latin America to apply for its 2020-21 piano scholarship programme.
The online-based programme provides financial assistance to students who are pursuing full-time degree or diploma courses in music institutions.
Application Deadline: 30th November 20, 11.59 PM (Gulf Standard
- Middle East – Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Yemen and others;
- Africa – Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- CIS – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- Applicants must be born between 1 January 1999 and 31 December 2004.
- Applicants must be students of a music university, conservatory, college or any other music institution.
Number of Awards: 9
Value of Award: Auditions will only be done via recorded video performances of the applicants. Nine students will be selected and granted the once-off scholarship of $1 000 each.
How To Apply:
A) Contact your regional authorized Yamaha distributor and Register your details, only applicants who comply with all criteria mentioned in point 2 will be accepted. Visit our distributors’ locator page for contact information: https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/find/
B) Record video of your performance of 2 piano pieces, each piece separately, and send it to our Distributor along with your application form. Should play on acoustic piano only.
i) In each video recording, you will have to mention your name, institution name and the piece playing. E.g. at the beginning of each Video, before playing, you mention “My name is ……….., student of …………. and I will play ” – (saying it in your mother tongue is Accepted). All recordings must be newly made and dates should match with application period.
ii) Audition Repertoire: Piece#1: You should contact Yamaha distributor for the information. Piece#2: Free choice piece. (Please note, that for the evaluation purpose we require a Music Sheet copy.)
iii) Duration of both pieces should not exceed 20min
iv) Format of Video and Audio should be in widespread use and should be in good quality
Visit The Official Website For More Information