The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is offering the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship fund program (SMSFP) to individuals who are seeking financial help in pursuing their studies in South Africa.
The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies. Financial support will be provided to youth who pursue full time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labor planning frameworks of the country.
- Applications (online and manual) for the 2018 academic year will open on 18th September 2017.
- Applications close on the 15th December 2017 (for postal/email applications) and the 16th January 2018 for online applications.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Number of Awardees: 150
Value of Scholarship:
- Study Books
Duration of Scholarship: The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship is awarded for the duration of studies
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- be High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or university of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate
- be applying for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st year full-time student in a priority study
How To Apply:
- CLICK HERE for online application.
- CLICK HERE to download application form for postal/email applications
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to fully complete the online application form.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)