University of Newcastle, Australia is offering the Kelver Hartley French Equity Scholarship which is designed to support a University of Newcastle student with a French major who is experiencing educational disadvantage.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4000 to be paid as a lump sum after the relevant census date.
Application Deadline: August 9, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: $4000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of any undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be majoring in French.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
How to Apply: Applicants must have to enroll in the undergraduate degree program at the university.
Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant area of study, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- You may need to provide documents to support financial hardship, although a centrelink reference number may be enough. Additional documents will be identified based on your application responses and listed in the Documents section of the application.