The University of Tsukuba – Japan provides a Monthly scholarship of 100,000 yen to international students commencing their first year of study at the Information.
The application guide of the scholarship foundation can be accessed through the below article. Since these scholarships do not require a recommendation from the president of the university, foreign students can apply directly by themselves to the scholarship foundations.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate and Masters
Value of Award: Monthly scholarship 100,000 yen
Number of Awards: 40
- Those who are financially in need and have difficulty attending school (household income of less than 5 million yen)
- First and second-year students who have Asian nationalities (including Japanese nationality) and live in Japan and attend regular faculties at the following universities
- Tohoku University, Ibaraki University, Tsukuba University, Utsunomiya University, Gunma University, Saitama University, Chiba University, Ochanomizu University, Telecommunications University, Tokyo University, Tokyo Foreign Language University, Tokyo Marine University, Tokyo Gakugei University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo Agricultural and Industrial University, Hitotsubashi University, Yokohama National University, Niigata University, Toyama University, Yamanashi University, Shinshu University, Kanazawa University, Shizuoka University, Nagoya University, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Toyohashi Institute of Technology, Kyoto University, Osaka University,
- The Takasaki University of Economics, Maebashi Institute of Technology, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Yokohama City University, Chiba Prefectural University of Health Sciences
- Aoyama Gakuin University, Gakuin University, Keio University, International Christian University, Sophia University, Chuo University, Tokyo Science University, Hosei University, Meiji University, Rikkyo University, Waseda University
- Those who have the Japanese language ability (generally N2 or higher) necessary for studying at university
- Those who are healthy and have excellent academic performance
How to Apply: Applicants have to take admission in an undergraduate degree programme at the university.