The Faculty of Science and its alumni association [email protected] are providing scholarship opportunities to Individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree program at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.
The [email protected]n Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Eligible Fields of Study: Eligible International Master Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven:
• Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship)
• Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
• Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Number Of Awardees: Not specified
Value Of Scholarship: The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Duration Of Scholarship: 1 year. Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued for students having had outstanding results the first master year.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
- be willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
- have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD
- prove a very strong knowledge of English,
How To Apply: Interested aapplicants should follow this steps:
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven.
- In the application form you have to apply for the [email protected] Scholarship by looking for the scholarship in the drop-down box. Do not forget this step or we will not know that you are applying for the scholarship!
- Upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide for the courses that you deem most relevant for the master that you are considering,
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven