The IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program supports research sabbaticals for mathematicians from AFRICAN developing countries employed in AFRICA to travel to an Internationally known mathematical centre of excellence/university (WORLDWIDE) for collaborative research.
The grant covers TRAVEL and LIVING COSTS of African mathematicians working in Africa, Visa fees, Travel insurance charges, Basic living costs, Accommodation cost (guest house of the institution or rented flat if possible) and Maximum four (4) Taxi fares.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- hold a valid doctoral degree (PhD) in mathematics.
- be employed as a mathematician in a faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution.
How To Apply: It is important to go through the basic application requirements and process before applying.
Application Deadlines: The application deadlines are as follows:
- 15th March, 2017 (Decisions will be made by April 30, 2017)
- 15th May, 2017 (Decisions will be made by June 31,2017)
- 1st July, 2017 (Decisions will be made by August 31, 2017)
- 1st September, 2017 (Decisions will be made by October 15, 2017)
- 1st November, 2017 (Decisions will be made by December 15, 2017)
Visit The Fellowship Webpage For More Information