The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to offer scholarship opportunities to Individuals who wants to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
The vision of the Program is to transition promising young people from beneficiaries to benefactors, preparing them with the necessary values, knowledge, skills, and leadership to fuel economic and social progress across Africa. The Program targets academically qualified undergraduate and postgraduate candidates who are economically disadvantaged young people with leadership potential from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Countries in Sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study: Commerce, Engineering and Built Environment, Health Sciences, Humanities, Law or Sciences at the University of Cape Town.
Offered Since: 2012
Type: Masters and Undergraduate
Number of Awardees: 13 undergraduate and 29 Masters
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships will cover for the following:
- Reimbursement of costs incurred for visa application processing
- An economy class air ticket to Cape Town South Africa for awardees who are i) citizens and/or residents of a Sub-Saharan country other than South Africa or ii) residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town
- Full tuition fees and international student fees
- Accommodation in the student housing system at the University of Cape Town
- Meals through the student housing system at the University of Cape Town
- Medical cover with a recommended medical aid service provider
- A living stipend; to be used to cover ad hoc expenses pertaining to your studies
- A book allowance to purchase the prescribed textbooks required for your degree programme
- Costs related to community activities as prescribed by the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town
- Access to an internship opportunity
- An economy class air ticket home upon completion of studies, for awardees who are i) citizens of and/or residents of a Sub-Saharan country other than South Africa or ii) residing in South Africa but outside of Cape Town
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country including Nigeria.
- have received an offer of place at UCT.
- be from an economically disadvantaged background.
- be able to demonstrate financial need and leadership potential.
- have excellent results from previous educational programs
How To Apply: In order to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to the University of Cape Town for academic study and placement.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: Mastercard Foundation