The University of Cape Town’s, Graduate School of Business, South Africa is offering the MTN Solution Space scholarship program to Africans who wants to pursue a degree program in Inclusive Innovation at the Institution.
This scholarship is created to nurture a new generation of leaders, teaching them to see past “business as usual”. It is aimed at supporting mid-career professionals and entrepreneurs who have shown a commitment to local development.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2017
Eligible Countries: Any African country
To be taken at (country): University of Cape Town’s, Graduate School of Business, South Africa
Type: MBA or MPhil
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program:
- This scholarship program covers the full cost of tuition and registration fees at UCT GSB, as set by the business school.
- The Scholars can also apply for several types of funding on a discretionary basis. For example an economy-class travel allowance for Scholars travelling from their home country to the business school at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme, a stipend, or to attend additional conferences or workshops, or conduct fieldwork and pilots.
Duration of Program: one or maximum of two years
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of an African Country
- have started or worked in an entrepreneurial venture, or demonstrated entrepreneurial and innovative strategies within an organisation for at least one year.
- be able to demonstrate experience or strong interest in their chosen focus area (education, health, smart cities).
- demonstrate professional integrity, bold and visionary leadership, a spirit of innovation and inquisitiveness, active collaboration, entrepreneurial drive and a track record of action.
- demonstrate some need for the scholarship, through either previous work experience, personal background or demonstrated commitment to start a venture, which make self-funding the programme a significant burden.
- be registered for full or part-time study on the MBA/MPhil at the UCT Graduate School of Business
How To Apply: Applicants must first apply to business school before applying for this scholarship program.
Interested applicants must submit the MTN Scholarship Application online form together with their UCT application number received from the UCT GSB Admissions Office. Required supporting documents include a CV and completed Affidavit.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information
Award Provider: MTN Group.
- We advise that you begin your application as early as possible and do not wait until the deadline. Applications should be submitted by midnight on the evening of 31 October 2017.
- Once your application has been received, a shortlisting committee will evaluate your application using our selection criteria for the Scholarship, to produce a final interview list.