The Nordic Africa Institute is offering scholarships to African journalists, writers and researchers who wants to pursue their own research projects in Uppsala, Sweden.
This scholarship program is provided to establish and maintain relations with and between African and Nordic research communities.
The scholarship covers a return air-fare (economy class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of 300 SEK (approx. 34 USD) per day plus an installation grant of 2,500 SEK (approx. 280 USD) and access to a computer in a shared office at Nordic Africa Institute (NAI).
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- Should be affiliated to an African university/research center.
- Have a proven track record of extensive research experience.
- Be citizens of an African Country.
- Be engaged in Africa-oriented research within the discipline of Social Sciences and Humanities.
The following are required during application:
- Up-to-date CV, including list of publications (if available online, please include links)
- Outline of research project, 5 pages:
– A well elaborated research proposal; the research topic must relate to the research themes of the Institute
– A work plan, including expected results, specific for the time spent at the Institute
- Reference: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or other senior scholar in the same field, which confirms current affiliation and field of research. (Scanned versions of signed support letters can be emailed by the applicant.)
Applications can be sent by post/airmail or by email. Applications sent by post/airmail should contain 2 copies of each document. Applications sent by email should contain only 1 copy of each document.
Applications sent by post/airmail should be addressed to
The Nordic Africa Institute
P.O. Box 1703
SE-751 47 Uppsala, Sweden.
Applications sent by email should be addressed to
Marie Karlsson, Research Administrator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: On the subject line of your email, write: “Application: Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme”. Scanned versions of signed support letters can also be sent to the above email address.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this scholarship program is on 1st April 2017.
Visit The Official Website For More Information